Miss A Mapplebeck
Mrs E Evans
Miss S Sides
Miss S Stephens
Welcome to Year 2! We are very excited for another year of fun and have plenty to look forward to.
This year our P.E days will be Monday and Tuesday again; please ensure children have both indoor and outdoor kit.
How Did Fire Change the World?
Our first topic will focus on Fire! We will study the Great Fire of London as well as Guy Fawkes and the history of bonfire night.
In class we will discover how London has changed since the fire and the significance of Pudding Lane. Although this topic will develop our skills as historians, we will also find out how London compares to other capital cities and perfect map skills in geography, inspect materials in science and improve our coding knowledge in ICT amongst many other things.
1. How has London changed since the fire?
2. How have houses changed since 1666 and why?
3. Can you explain how the fire started?
4. Can you understand why we celebrate Bonfire Night?
5. Who is Guy Fawkes and what did he do?