Miss A Mapplebeck
Mrs E Evans
Miss S Sides
Miss S Stephens
Welcome to Year 2! We are very excited for another term of fun and have plenty to look forward to.
This term our P.E days will be Monday and Tuesday; please ensure children have both indoor and outdoor kit.
How Chile is South America?
This term our topic will focus on South America. We will have a heavy geography focus whilst also learning about animals and their habitats in science.
We will learn about the wonders of the world found in the continent we will study, physical and human geographical features and compare Mexborough to other opposing towns found in South America. We will embed our knowledge of continents and oceans as well as investigating the traditions and celebrations of South American countries.
1. How does Mexborough compare to various small towns in South American countries?
2. How many countries are in South America?
3. What are the 5 oceans of the world and where are they?
4. Where are all the 7 continents and 5 oceans on a world map or globe?
5. What are the 4 countries of the UK and their capital cities?
6. Can you recognise and sort human and physical geographical features?