Miss R Browning
Mrs H Asquith
Welcome to Rowan's class page. Keep your eye on our page to find out about all of the exciting learning happening in Year 1.
Spring-What do you call a penguin in the desert?...Lost!
In this unit the children will learn about animal classifications and gain an understanding of food chains. The topic will focus on the continents Antarctic and Africa and consider similarities and differences between them. We will begin our topic by learning about a lost little penguin from the story 'Lost and found' by Oliver Jeffers.
1. What do you call an animal that gives birth to live young?
2. What animals do not make suitable pets?
3. What do fish, birds and reptiles have in common?
4. Can you sort animals into their correct classifications?
5. Can you match the animals to their food group descriptions?
Autumn-What's around the corner?
This term Rowan class will learn about their locality beyond the school gate. Children will explore their local area using first hand observation to enhance their locational awareness along with developing essential map and fieldwork skills. This unit provides the children with a greater insight into Mexborough, their home town!
1. What are the four countries that make up the UK?
2. What are the capital cities within the UK?
3. What seas and oceans surround the UK?
4. What physical and human features does Mexborough have?
5. What town and places are bigger than Mexborough?
6. What towns and places are smaller / bigger than Doncaster?